- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
Ex-Royal Marine saved 100 during al Qaeda attack at Kenya mall: report
Question of the Day
An armed ex-Royal Marine is being credited with saving at least 100 lives during the attack by an al Qaeda offshoot on a shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya, that began Saturday.
The Dally Mail reports that the marine, who now lives in the region, is being hailed as hero for getting at least 100 people to safety.
According to the Daily Mail, the man, whose name is being withheld for security reasons, charged back into the mall 12 times.
"Imagine going back in when you knew what was going on inside," a friend in Nairobi told the paper. According to the source, the former solider was having coffee with friends when the attack began.
As of Tuesday, 62 people had been confirmed dead and more than 100 people wounded in the hostage situation, The Associated Press reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chinese spy ship arrives at giant U.S.-led naval exercise off the coast of Hawaii
- Obey: Pentagon research indicates social media can be used to control people like robots
- American Spartan: Man served in Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- NATO troop commander questions Obama's Afghan war strategy at Senate hearing
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq