- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: British crown hypocritical on wildlife peril
Question of the Day
I woke up last Saturday morning to a replay of Anderson Cooper discussing Prince William’s efforts to save wildlife in Africa. As a descendant of that land, I felt so offended. It was as though I were watching a general who started a war trying to play the hero for ending that war.
The exploitation of Africa by European countries (including England) has led to the massive loss of the continent’s wildlife. Animals being killed for their parts include elephants and rhinos for their tusks, big cats for their furs and crocodiles for their skins. All this to feed a gluttonous lifestyle, where fashion trends are more highly regarded than the sanctity of life on the African continent.
The natives to the land were coerced and encouraged to continue the slaughter as means to make more money. Now the monarchy that allowed this practice wants to be viewed as the hero, too? That is highly offensive. The British monarchy may be viewed as many things in the eyes of this and many other descendants of that great continent, but a hero is definitely not one of them.
VAUGHN A. WHITE
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Get Breaking Alerts
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Nathan Walker's NHL dreams send him around the world
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Trial: dengue shot offers some protection
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Israel rejects talk of cease-fire; Hamas targets suspected nuke site
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America: Land of the free no more?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wage-theft by employers needs legislative remedy
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Douglass would abhor affirmative action
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's voter bloc of 'entitlement' illegals