- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
Former London deputy mayor auto-uploads naked photos to Facebook
The 66-year-old conservative for Hillingdon and Ealing in London uploaded the pictures Wednesday afternoon “in what appears to be a rather drastic error caused by his iPhone’s auto upload settings,” the report said.
It didn’t take long for people to begin drawing parallels between the Brit’s embarrassing mishap and former U.S. congressman Anthony Weiner‘s.
“How’s your british accent, @anthonyweiner?” one Twitter user asked.
“Oh he’s had a “Weiner” moment! Literally!” another user commented.
Another: “OM-jeezus my seared retinas. can’t unsee. what nerve to wear cheap adjustable braces.”
Trending Central confirmed to The Washington Times that the former deputy mayor deleted the photos shortly after they were posted.
Update:Mr. Barnes has responded to requests for comment from the Daily Mail.
“I’ve had 30 years in politics and I’m not [expletive] stupid, and it’s not the sort of thing I would do,” he said. “I didn’t know about it until a friend told me. I’ve deleted them all now.”
“I know my sheet is clean. You just have to ride the storm. But I trust my 30-year record stands for what it is. It’s just sad that I can be a target. I’m hacked off, to pardon the pun. These things happen,” he added.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir's resignation, praises media
- Wingate University on lockdown after 2 shot dead
- Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement: report
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
Latest Blog Entries
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A collection of reader guest articles, thoughts and opinions by Communities writers and breaking news and information.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
White House pets gone wild!