- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liberals owe Bush an apology
When then-Secretary of State Colin L. Powell went to the United Nations to rally countries behind America’s intent to invade Iraq, satellite photos were shown of trucks being loaded with deadly chemicals. Mr. Powell, Congress and President Bush believed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. With that belief, along with the atrocities committed by Iraqi strongman Saddam Hussein upon Iraqi citizens, America occupied Iraq, but could not find the weapons of mass destruction. As a result, all of the liberals called Mr. Bush a liar and condemned him ad nauseam for what they called an unnecessary war.
No one could explain why Saddam continually refused to let U.N. inspectors into Iraq, or what happened to the weapons of mass destruction. Either Saddam never had them, or he cleverly delayed the inspectors while hiding them, all the while knowing that an American strike on his country was inevitable. Saddam embarrassed the Bush administration by disposing of his chemical weapons before the U.S. troops could look for them.
My theory has always been that Saddam shipped the weapons of mass destruction, including toxic chemicals and gases, to Syria. Since then, Syria has become highly aggressive, supporting Hamas and attacking Lebanon. However, Syria held back using its weapons of mass destruction from Iraq until now. Doesn’t anyone wonder where the chemicals used on the Syrian citizens came from?
The press and the liberals owe an apology to Mr. Bush, who never lied to the public about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction. Mr. Powell, too, should apologize for not standing by the president who, unfortunately, did not have an agency that had all the answers.
Woodland Hills, Calif.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Obama: Nelson Mandela now 'belongs to the ages'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- Increase in battlefield deaths linked to new rules of engagement in Afghanistan
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements