- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
PALLISTER: Fantasy football: 36 lines about 32 quarterbacks
Question of the Day
Let’s talk about quarterbacks. A thought [or two] on every starter from Week 3:
• Tom Brady: He’s going to be OK.
• E.J. Manuel: His time will come, but not this year.
• Geno Smith: I still don’t trust him.
• Andy Dalton: Dependable fantasy backup, but that’s it.
• Joe Flacco: The anti-fantasy QB.
• Ben Roethlisberger: Antonio Brown is the only player keeping him on fantasy rosters.
• Brian Hoyer: He’ll beat out Brandon Weeden.
• Andrew Luck: The one QB I regret not drafting.
• Matt Schaub: He is who we thought he was.
• Jake Locker: Meh.
• Blaine Gabbert: Double meh.
• Peyton Manning: Death and taxes.
• Alex Smith: If only you got points for checkdowns.
• Philip Rivers: The lack of weapons already is catching up to him.
• Terrelle Pryor: As Raiders QBs go …
• Tony Romo: Criminally underrated as a fantasy QB. A poor man’s Peyton Manning.
• Michael Vick: If you can’t say anything nice …
• Robert Griffin III: I’m not sure he’ll ever live up to the hype.
• Eli Manning: I don’t understand him or his career arc.
• Jay Cutler: He’ll never be a quality fantasy starter, and I’m certain he doesn’t care.
• Matthew Stafford: I know he’ll never live up to the hype. His 2011 numbers were an abberation.
• Aaron Rodgers: Has he peaked?
• Christian Ponder: He seems like a nice guy.
• Drew Brees: Death and taxes, NFC version.
• Matt Ryan: Tony Romo, NFC South version.
• Cam Newton: Better than I thought so far this year, but still too erratic.
• Josh Freeman: I can’t believe I drafted him as a starter just two years ago. He’s in freefall.
• Russell Wilson: You cannot underestimate what he is capable of.
• Colin Kaepernick: Too much talent not to succeed. Right?
• Sam Bradford: Stafford Lite.
• Carson Palmer: 2005 seems like a million years ago.
Week 3 Lineup Crime: In my never-ending shuffle to put together a great receiving corps (it starts with Dez Bryant and Brandon Marshall, so maybe I’m trying harder than I need to), I thought I had a coup when I picked up DeAndre Hopkins off waivers. Once I had him, I was starting him. But that meant benching James Jones or Jordan Cameron (there is no specific tight end spot in this league). I wasn’t going to get burned again by benching Jones, who was on my bench in Week 2 when he caught 11 passes for a career-high 178 yards against the Redskins. I benched Cameron instead. He then went out and caught a career-high three TDs (including one on a fake field goal). So Hopkins is back on my bench this week. Cecil Shorts, too. You should probably start both of them.
Week 4 Lineup Time: The Bills’ defense gave up two long TD receptions to the Jets last week. Start Torrey Smith. Give Dwayne Bowe one more week. Great matchup against the Giants. I think the Jaguars will show some life against the Colts. I expect a good game from Maurice Jones-Drew. He won’t approach 200 yards again, but Antonio Brown should have his way with the Vikings. I’m about to give up on Stevan Ridley, but I like Aaron Dobson against the Falcons. You could do much worse than being “stuck” with Ryan Tannehill as your bye-week starter against the Saints.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- For Redskins' kickers, competition is constant
- Colt McCoy, the backup's backup, 'in a great place' with Redskins
- PALLISTER: Looking ahead to 2014 fantasy football drafts
- PALLISTER: When fantasy football frustration intrudes on real life
- PALLISTER: A Thanksgiving full of football is reality, not a fantasy
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world