- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
KELLNER: A time to ‘discover what God might be calling us to do’
Question of the Day
Mr. Stearns noted that people overseas “don’t forget that Americans are helping them in their time of need,” saying it’s better to send “volunteers with baseball caps, rather than soldiers with helmets.”
In a world where so much devastation and need exist, Mr. Stearns may very well have a point. How Americans, particularly those who call themselves people of faith, respond, may be another matter entirely.
• Mark A. Kellner can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Mark A. Kellner is a religion columnist for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- KELLNER: Troubling tones in too many religious debates
- KELLNER: Did a prominent rabbi find Jesus — and does it matter?
- KELLNER: 'Failed' states among most dangerous lands for Christians
- KELLNER: Positive thinking key to Horowitz's 'One Simple Idea'
- KELLNER: The year in religion offered hope, peril
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world