- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
More body parts show up in suburban Detroit sewer
Authorities have recovered body parts from a suburban Detroit sewer for the third time in just over a year, The Associated Press reported.
Workers in the Sterling Heights area of Macomb County, Mich., made the initial discovery Wednesday.
Police says there’s a strong possibility the body parts are medical waste that was improperly disposed, the report said.
The Detroit News reported three pieces, each measuring 2-by-2 inches, will be submitted for testing.
Officials found a woman’s body parts in August 2012 in a sewer in Sterling Heights, and again from a different woman in December 2012 in a sewer line in the nearby community of Warren, AP reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- Cardinal Dolan: Pope's remarks on same-sex unions not an endorsement
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Dennis Rodman: 'I won't go back' to North Korea
- Florida's Charlie Crist heaps praise on Obama: 'God bless him'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again