- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democrats’ committee no-show appalling
Question of the Day
Last week, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held a hearing on the Benghazi, Libya, killings. Two of the victims' parents, Charles Woods and Patricia Smith, were given an opportunity to speak before the committee. Just prior to their turns to speak, 15 Democrats left the hearing. The only two Democrats remaining were Rep. Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland and Rep. Jackie Speier of California.
The names of those who reportedly left the hearing ought not go unlisted. They are Reps. Carolyn B. Maloney of New York, Danny K. Davis and Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Gerald E. Connolly of Virginia, Jim Cooper of Tennessee, John F. Tierney and Stephen F. Lynch of Massachusetts, Mark Pocan of Wisconsin, Matt Cartwright of Pennsylvania, Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico, Peter Welch of Vermont, Steven A. Horsford of Nevada, Tony Cardenas of California, William Lacy Clay of Missouri and D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton.
Shame on them all. This move was nothing short of appalling. We must all let them know how we feel about this.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global