- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
- Aaron Hernandez, ex-Patriot, on prison life: ‘I’m way less stressed in jail’
- Man pulled from water believed to be disgraced D.C. cop
- Kabul airport hit by suicide bomber who targeted NATO gate
- Space probe on course to land on mile-wide comet
- New budget accord saves $23 billion — after $65 billion spending spree
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
Margaret Thatcher’s ashes buried in London during service for family, friends
LONDON — Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s ashes have been laid to rest in London at a service attended by her family and closest friends.
The Conservative leader’s children, Mark and Carol Thatcher, were among those who gathered for a short service on Saturday before an oak casket containing her ashes was buried at the Royal Hospital Chelsea. Her remains were placed alongside those of her husband Denis, who died in 2003.
A headstone bearing the inscription “Margaret Thatcher 1925 - 2013” was erected on top of the site.
Thatcher, who led Britain from 1979 to 1990, died aged 87 in April.
In April, Britain held a ceremonial funeral with full military honors for Thatcher at St. Paul’s Cathedral. About 2,300 guests attended, including dignitaries from 170 countries.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $15 billion loss for taxpayers
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- EDITORIAL: The shake that shook the world
- LAMBRO: The dark lining to the silver cloud of Obamanomics
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Helping the YOUniverse conspire on your behalf.
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow