- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
As Wizards camp opens, Otto Porter sidelined with hip problem
Wizards rookie Otto Porter has a right hip flexor injury.
Porter, the No. 3 overall pick, rode a stationary bike as Washington opened camp Saturday at George Mason University. Coach Randy Wittman said the injury has been bothering Porter for a couple of weeks.
The small forward said he slipped and twisted during a recent voluntary pickup game before camp opened.
"Nothing major," Porter said, classifying his timetable for returning as "day by day."
This is Porter's second injury since joining the Wizards. The former Georgetown star sat out the final two games of the NBA's Las Vegas Summer League with a right hamstring injury.
"He's missing a lot of valuable time out here, in terms of what he's been limited to," Wittman said. "So I mean, we've got to be smart with it. We need to get him healthy as soon as we can."
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Harry Reid's corrupt Senate house of cards
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again