- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Cruz puts blame for shutdown at the feet of Reid, Democrats
Question of the Day
At the same time, he noted that President Obama has approved exemptions for members of Congress and a one-year exemption to companies with at least 50 employees.
“President Obama, sadly, in implementing Obamacare, has, over and over again, disregarded the law,” said Mr. Cruz. “Right now we have a system where the rich and powerful, those with connections to the Obama administration, they get spared some of the burdens of Obamacare.”
To those who say he’s unwilling to compromise, Mr. Cruz said his position is “the essence of a compromise.”
“My position in this fight was we should defund it, which is different from repeal. And even now what the House of Representatives has done is a step removed from defunding. It’s delaying it,” Mr. Cruz said. “For all of us who want to see it repealed, simply delaying it for American families on the same terms as is being done for big corporations, that’s a compromise.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Valerie Richardson covers politics and the West from Denver. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- Obama gets ditched by Colorado Democrats
- Colorado sues Boulder County clerk to stop her from issuing gay marriage licenses
- California grants wind industry permit to kill eagles, ruffling more than feathers
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs