- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Talk-show host Katie Couric engaged to financier John Molner
NEW YORK (AP) — Talk-show host Katie Couric is getting married to her financier boyfriend, John Molner.
Miss Couric’s spokesman, Matthew Hiltzik, confirmed the engagement Tuesday morning following a report by People magazine.
Mr. Molner gave 56-year-old Miss Couric, the former co-host of “Today,” a diamond ring over the weekend in East Hampton, N.Y. Mr. Molner, 50, is a partner at investment firm Brown Brothers Harriman who oversees mergers and acquisitions advisory work for the firm’s corporate clients.
The couple have dated for nearly two years.
Miss Couric’s husband, Jay Monahan, died in 1998 from colon cancer. She is the mother of two daughters, now 21 and 17.
Her talk show, “Katie,” starts its second season Sept. 9.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.