- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
20-year-old Spieth picked for Presidents Cup
Question of the Day
“The whole thing was not fun,” Couples said. “I know all the stats. But at the same time, Jordan deserves to be on the team and Webb Simpson is a class act, great player. As Nick Price says, you get two picks and those are who we are going with.”
Price, on the other hand, leaned on history at Muirfield Village in guiding his picks. He said Tim Clark does not have a long history playing the Memorial, and that de Jonge and Leishman were better suited for Muirfield Village.
“We can debate amongst the three guys from here until eternity as to what you think and who you feel would be best,” Price said. “But I had to make the decision yesterday, and I really think that out of the three guys, Brendon and Marc would probably end up playing Muirfield better than Tim does.”
The picks meant that Price will have six rookies on his team, though it’s not like experience has helped the International side in the past. The Presidents Cup has become a lopsided event, with Americans holding a 7-1-1 advantage. They have won the last four times, and the last three matches have not been particularly close.
Besides, the Americans had six rookies a year ago and won handily in Melbourne.
“It’s going to be a tough job for us to win the cup, but I think we have got a really strong team right now,” Price said.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq