- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for third political party
Republican politicians promised to repeal the unpopular Obamacare law, and yet they have allowed the president to exempt personally favored groups.
Congress voted to defeat the Dream Act, but President Obama enabled it by executive fiat, again completely bypassing Congress. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. changed drug-crimes sentencing laws, another power reserved only for Congress, and he prevented states from enforcing existing federal and state sovereignty laws.
Mr. Obama created more national debt in his first term than the first 42 presidents combined, and our children and grandchildren will be stuck with paying the taxes for his profligate spending splurges.
Republicans promised they would fight these executive actions, but where is the Republican opposition to all of this? Apparently, the GOP is unable or unwilling to keep its promises. In either case, the Republicans are not an effective opposition party, and the only remedy left for conservatives is to support the emergence of a third national party. What is there to lose except the chains that now bind us, and in the future will bind our children and grandchildren?
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Taube
Americans are ready for a levy that's simple and fair
Get Breaking Alerts
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama delivering on 'flexibility' vow to Moscow
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama should've seen Ukraine coming
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Political correctness is enemy of free speech
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop wasting money on United Nations
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Certain issues belong to voters