- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Rumsfeld docu director Errol Morris puzzled by ex-defense chief
VENICE, Italy – Director Errol Morris spent 33 hours interviewing Donald Rumsfeld for his new documentary ‘’The Unknown Known.” But Mr. Morris says the former U.S. defense secretary proved hard to fathom.
The director said Wednesday at the Venice Film Festival that he cannot tell if Mr. Rumsfeld, who narrates the film, was putting on a “performance” or being himself.
“The Unknown Known” is competing for the top Golden Lion award. Mr. Morris’ “The Fog of War” won an Oscar in 2003 for its look at Robert McNamara, secretary of defense during the escalation of the Vietnam War.
His latest documentary analyzes the U.S. decision to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq. It includes clips from Pentagon news conferences as it offers an unflinching look at Mr. Rumsfeld’s career through his own words.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.