- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Rumsfeld docu director Errol Morris puzzled by ex-defense chief
VENICE, Italy – Director Errol Morris spent 33 hours interviewing Donald Rumsfeld for his new documentary ‘’The Unknown Known.” But Mr. Morris says the former U.S. defense secretary proved hard to fathom.
The director said Wednesday at the Venice Film Festival that he cannot tell if Mr. Rumsfeld, who narrates the film, was putting on a “performance” or being himself.
“The Unknown Known” is competing for the top Golden Lion award. Mr. Morris’ “The Fog of War” won an Oscar in 2003 for its look at Robert McNamara, secretary of defense during the escalation of the Vietnam War.
His latest documentary analyzes the U.S. decision to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq. It includes clips from Pentagon news conferences as it offers an unflinching look at Mr. Rumsfeld’s career through his own words.
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Billionaire gets mobbed by fans at CPAC
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 'Holy grail of guitars' among those in N.Y. auction
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again