- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
Valerie Harper: Actress fighting cancer, joins ‘Dancing With the Stars’ competition
The pros were mixed on whether they liked the time constraint and said it could change as the season goes on and they have to do more than one dance per show.
“Now that we have a restricted time, I feel like we’re gonna get more done,” said Derek Hough.
“That I don’t like,” said Karina Smirnoff. “Four hours is tough.”
“Every single time that last hour (of rehearsal) ends up coming up with both of us going, ‘Oh no. It’s not there yet,’” said her partner Bleu.
Smirnoff said she believes as the season progresses, the rehearsals might get longer.
The one thing the audience likely won’t see is twerking, a dance that’s been in the spotlight thanks to Miley Cyrus’ performance at the MTV Video Music Awards.
“I don’t think that’s relevant to anything that has to do with class,” said dancer Val Chmerkovskiy. “I keep it classy. I want my partners to keep it classy. Twerking is not on the menu.”
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Man with stolen passport on missing jet is asylum seeker
- Al Qaeda to launch English-language Web magazine 'Resurgence'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again