- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Valerie Harper: Actress fighting cancer, joins ‘Dancing With the Stars’ competition
Question of the Day
The pros were mixed on whether they liked the time constraint and said it could change as the season goes on and they have to do more than one dance per show.
“Now that we have a restricted time, I feel like we’re gonna get more done,” said Derek Hough.
“That I don’t like,” said Karina Smirnoff. “Four hours is tough.”
“Every single time that last hour (of rehearsal) ends up coming up with both of us going, ‘Oh no. It’s not there yet,’” said her partner Bleu.
Smirnoff said she believes as the season progresses, the rehearsals might get longer.
The one thing the audience likely won’t see is twerking, a dance that’s been in the spotlight thanks to Miley Cyrus’ performance at the MTV Video Music Awards.
“I don’t think that’s relevant to anything that has to do with class,” said dancer Val Chmerkovskiy. “I keep it classy. I want my partners to keep it classy. Twerking is not on the menu.”
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world