- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
Valerie Harper: Actress fighting cancer, joins ‘Dancing With the Stars’ competition
Question of the Day
The pros were mixed on whether they liked the time constraint and said it could change as the season goes on and they have to do more than one dance per show.
“Now that we have a restricted time, I feel like we’re gonna get more done,” said Derek Hough.
“That I don’t like,” said Karina Smirnoff. “Four hours is tough.”
“Every single time that last hour (of rehearsal) ends up coming up with both of us going, ‘Oh no. It’s not there yet,’” said her partner Bleu.
Smirnoff said she believes as the season progresses, the rehearsals might get longer.
The one thing the audience likely won’t see is twerking, a dance that’s been in the spotlight thanks to Miley Cyrus’ performance at the MTV Video Music Awards.
“I don’t think that’s relevant to anything that has to do with class,” said dancer Val Chmerkovskiy. “I keep it classy. I want my partners to keep it classy. Twerking is not on the menu.”
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow