- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles embattled Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
George Zimmerman pulled over for speeding on Florida roads
Question of the Day
George Zimmerman, of Trayvon Martin trial fame, was back in the news this week when police in Florida pulled him over for speeding.
The Associated Press reported that Mr. Zimmerman was given a ticket on Tuesday for driving 60 mph in an area zoned for a maximum speed of 45 mph.
This isn’t the first time Mr. Zimmerman crossed paths with police since his famous trial on murder charges for the 17-year-old Trayvon. He was also stopped by police near Dallas on July 28 for a driving infraction. Then, he was told to slow down and given just a warning.
The July incident occurred just days after he was acquitted on murder charges in the shooting death of Trayvon.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: 'Embrace the suck'
- Selfie photo at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop 'the prez' from acting like the queen
- Rob Ford: Redskins RGIII benching 'a little chaotic'
- Major League Baseball to outlaw home plate collisions
Latest Blog Entries
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow