- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
MLB sends ‘heads-up’ for Red Sox-Yankees rematch
NEW YORK (AP) - Major League Baseball has sent a “heads-up” notice to the umpires working the series between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees, reminding the crew that the teams had a dustup the last time they played.
The Red Sox visited Yankee Stadium on Thursday night in their first game since Boston’s Ryan Dempster hit Alex Rodriguez with a pitch on Aug. 18. That caused the teams to tussle at Fenway Park, and Dempster was suspended for five games.
Umpire crew chief Joe West says it’s been standard protocol for MLB for a decade or so to give advance notice to crews when clubs are meeting for the first time since having trouble. West said the umpires were recently sent an email advising them that there was a “heads-up” for this series.
An appeals court upholds the Senate's right to make its filibuster rules
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.