- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
Question of the Day
This is an occasion to retell stories of the long-standing feud between Mike Shanahan and the late Raiders owner Al Davis. It stemmed from a salary dispute involving Davis’ decision to fire Shanahan in 1989. The Redskins should exploit a defense that can’t rush the passer.
Sunday, Oct. 13
8:30 p.m., NBC
The Redskins need to be 3-1 coming off the bye week if they are to assert themselves atop the division. They swept Dallas last season for the first time since 2005. The Cowboys couldn’t stop the deep passing game in the first meeting and left themselves vulnerable to the run when they adjusted in the second.
Sunday, Oct. 20
vs. Chicago Bears
1 p.m., Fox
Chicago won as many games as the Redskins in 2012, but the franchises had significantly different offseasons because the Bears missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker. They replaced coach Lovie Smith with Marc Trestman.
Sunday, Oct. 27
at Denver Broncos
4:25 p.m., Fox
Shanahan’s return to Denver is one of the highlights on the schedule. He probably will end up in the Hall of Fame because of what he accomplished as head coach there from 1995 to 2008 — two Super Bowl championships, three AFC West titles and a .616 winning percentage.
Sunday, Nov. 3
vs. San Diego Chargers
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq