- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
This is an occasion to retell stories of the long-standing feud between Mike Shanahan and the late Raiders owner Al Davis. It stemmed from a salary dispute involving Davis’ decision to fire Shanahan in 1989. The Redskins should exploit a defense that can’t rush the passer.
Sunday, Oct. 13
8:30 p.m., NBC
The Redskins need to be 3-1 coming off the bye week if they are to assert themselves atop the division. They swept Dallas last season for the first time since 2005. The Cowboys couldn’t stop the deep passing game in the first meeting and left themselves vulnerable to the run when they adjusted in the second.
Sunday, Oct. 20
vs. Chicago Bears
1 p.m., Fox
Chicago won as many games as the Redskins in 2012, but the franchises had significantly different offseasons because the Bears missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker. They replaced coach Lovie Smith with Marc Trestman.
Sunday, Oct. 27
at Denver Broncos
4:25 p.m., Fox
Shanahan’s return to Denver is one of the highlights on the schedule. He probably will end up in the Hall of Fame because of what he accomplished as head coach there from 1995 to 2008 — two Super Bowl championships, three AFC West titles and a .616 winning percentage.
Sunday, Nov. 3
vs. San Diego Chargers
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.