- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
vs. New York Giants
8:30 p.m., NBC
It’s ridiculous that the top two teams in the NFC East don’t play each other until this late in the season. That means the healthiest team in the final month will have a great advantage in the divisional race. The Redskins believe they’re tougher than the Giants, so look for them to pound the run.
Sunday, Dec. 8
vs. Kansas City Chiefs
1 p.m., CBS
What appears now to be a lull in the schedule might not be. New coach Andy Reid is familiar with the Redskins from coaching the past 14 seasons in Philadelphia. He inherited some talent on offense — RB Jamaal Charles, WR Dwayne Bowe — and traded for QB Alex Smith.
Sunday, Dec. 15
at Atlanta Falcons
1 p.m., Fox
This and the 49ers game are the Redskins’ reward for finishing first in the NFC East last season. This might be Washington’s toughest game on paper, if only because Atlanta has gone 34-9 at home since QB Matt Ryan joined the league in 2008.
Sunday, Dec. 22
vs. Dallas Cowboys
1 p.m., Fox
Two divisional games to end the season, and if recent history is a good indication, the title will be decided by these outcomes. How smoothly Dallas returns to a 4-3 defense this season under new coordinator Monte Kiffin will help dictate the temperature of coach Jason Garrett’s seat by this point.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Harry Reid's visa pressure cooker
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- KOENIG: Should Congress hike your taxes ... or, instead, slash spending?
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
The “Silver Tsunami” created by aging Baby Boomers is hitting America. Let’s explore how we adjust to it, enjoy it and defy negative expectations about age.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Global economy, the civilizing power of markets and public morals.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow