- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
vs. New York Giants
8:30 p.m., NBC
It’s ridiculous that the top two teams in the NFC East don’t play each other until this late in the season. That means the healthiest team in the final month will have a great advantage in the divisional race. The Redskins believe they’re tougher than the Giants, so look for them to pound the run.
Sunday, Dec. 8
vs. Kansas City Chiefs
1 p.m., CBS
What appears now to be a lull in the schedule might not be. New coach Andy Reid is familiar with the Redskins from coaching the past 14 seasons in Philadelphia. He inherited some talent on offense — RB Jamaal Charles, WR Dwayne Bowe — and traded for QB Alex Smith.
Sunday, Dec. 15
at Atlanta Falcons
1 p.m., Fox
This and the 49ers game are the Redskins’ reward for finishing first in the NFC East last season. This might be Washington’s toughest game on paper, if only because Atlanta has gone 34-9 at home since QB Matt Ryan joined the league in 2008.
Sunday, Dec. 22
vs. Dallas Cowboys
1 p.m., Fox
Two divisional games to end the season, and if recent history is a good indication, the title will be decided by these outcomes. How smoothly Dallas returns to a 4-3 defense this season under new coordinator Monte Kiffin will help dictate the temperature of coach Jason Garrett’s seat by this point.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again