- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
Broncos’ LB drops ball yard short of end zone
DENVER (AP) - Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan began his touchdown celebration a little too prematurely after an interception, dropping the ball before he crossed the goal line Thursday night in the opener against Baltimore.
Trevathan picked off Joe Flacco’s pass early in the fourth quarter and had clear sailing to the end zone. A few yards short, he began his celebration and dropped the ball. His teammates tried to recover it, but the ball scooted out of bounds, resulting in a touchback and giving it right back to the Ravens.
At least the Broncos were up, 42-17, at the time.
Trevathan, a third-year player out of Kentucky, protested at first but watched the replay on the big screen. He bent down and put his hands on his helmet in disgust.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014