- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Syrian rebel slams Putin over attack claim
Question of the Day
A leader of the Free Syrian Army said Friday that Russian President Vladimir Putin is trying to deceive the international community into thinking it was someone other than the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad who launched a chemical weapons attack that killed more than a thousand people last month.
“I am very sorry to tell you that President Putin is lying and he was lying since beginning of the revolution in Syria,” Salim Idris told Fox News. “He knows exactly that the regime is killing our citizens. He knows that the regime is killing the Syrians and using Russia weapons and ammunition and Russian jets.”
Russian leaders have insisted that the rebel forces launched the chemical weapons attack in the suburbs of Damascus on Aug. 21 that U.S. intelligence officials say killed more than 1,400 people in hopes of provoking an international response against Mr. Assad.
President Obama has blamed the Assad regime and is trying to rally international support for a response. He also is lobbying members of Congress to vote for a resolution that would give him 90 days to carry out a limited strike against Syria and that would push him to give more support to the rebel forces fighting the Assad government in the bloody civil war.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chris Christie faces flak on New Hampshire campaign foray
- Chris Christie sidesteps Bridgegate, again tops Republican presidential field
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors