- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
Marcus Johansson signs with Capitals for two years, $4 million
Marcus Johansson, who had been a restricted free agent, has agreed to a two-year, $4 million contract, the Capitals announced today.
The team release said Johansson will earned $1,825,000 this season and $2,175,000 in the second season of the contract.
Johansson, who is from Landskrona, Sweden, was the Capitals' first pick in the 2009 NHL entry draft, taken 24th overall. He had six goals and 16 assists in 34 games last season. In 2011-12, he had 14 goals and 32 assists in 80 games to set his career highs.
In 30 playoff games, Johansson has four goals and seven assists.
Johannsson was the last of the Caps' restricted free agents.
The team will open training camp on Thursday and the regular season on Oct. 3 in Chicago against the Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks. The Capitals' home opener is Oct. 3 against Calgary.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.