• 53 percent say the United Nations has the responsibility to intervene militarily in “trouble spots.”
• 41 percent say President Obama will order military action against the Syrian government.
• 41 percent say a U.S. president must always get congressional approval to use military force.
• 38 percent say the approval is not necessary during emergencies.
• 28 percent approve of the way President Obama has handled the Syria situation.
Source: An Economist/YouGov poll of 1,000 U.S. adults conducted Aug. 31 to Sept. 2
• Murmurs and asides to email@example.com.