- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
KAHLILI: The Syria stalemate
Question of the Day
Even if Mr. Obama gets Congress‘ approval for a limited strike, not only will it do little to change the game on the ground, but with America and the West openly showing that they are weary of war, our enemies will continue to test our resolve.
This brings us to the gravest threat in the region, which could possibly destabilize not only world peace, but the global economy: Iran’s illicit nuclear program. More than 10,000 centrifuges are enriching uranium daily while a heavy-water plant capable of producing plutonium as a second path to nuclear weapons is moving toward completion — and this when the regime has the largest inventory of ballistic missiles in the region.
The recent show of weakness by America and the West over Mr. Assad’s alleged chemical attack on his own people has the Iranian regime’s tyrants thinking that their path to nuclear weapons is guaranteed.
Reza Kahlili is a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and author of “A Time to Betray” (Simon & Schuster, 2010).
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide