- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hurtling downhill into Syria
Question of the Day
I have fond memories of America the beautiful and the great. Our current situation reminds me of a cartoon I once saw of a little guy hurtling down a hill in a go-kart with his sinister-looking older brother standing at the top of the hill. The little kid is saying, “How’re we doing, bro?” With the impending U.S. military intervention in Syria, it’s the American people and their money, troops and faith in the go-kart.
The big brother of questionable intent, who may be getting paid to take care of his little brother, won’t suffer any injuries from the poorly executed exercise and has no sense of personal responsibility or remorse, is comfortably situated in Washington, or wherever the safe haven happens to be.
I strongly oppose the U.S. military intervention in Syria. I grieve that our “big brothers” are not invested in empires other than their own personal ones. Their America extends far beyond our shores, and they will not feel the pains of this ill-fated non-war.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public