- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village, 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
Asian Games organizers ask IOC to bring in NKorea
Question of the Day
North Korea’s state media said in January the country will take part in men’s and women’s football at the Asian Games in Incheon in September, but it’s not clear if it will take any further part in the event.
Bach gave assurances the IOC will attempt to do so in a meeting in Kuwait this week, the statement added.
The rival Koreas remain in a technical state of war because the 1950-53 Korean War ended in an armistice, not a peace treaty. On Monday, the countries fired hundreds of artillery shells into each other’s waters in a flare-up of animosity.
North Korea boycotted the 1986 Asian Games and the 1988 Summer Olympics, both in Seoul, but attended the 2002 Asian Games in Busan and the 2003 University Games in Daegu.
Athletes from the two Koreas marched together at the 2000 Olympics opening ceremony under a “Unified Korea” flag, and did it again at the 2004 Athens Olympics, the 2002 Busan Asian Games, the 2006 Doha Asian Games.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world