Candle sparks Montclair State dorm fire

Question of the Day

Is it still considered bad form to talk politics during a social gathering?

View results

LITTLE FALLS, N.J. (AP) - Officials believe a burning candle ignited curtains inside a student’s room at a Montclair State University dormitory.

Officials safely evacuated Gibson Hall on the Little Falls side of the campus Monday.

University spokeswoman Suzanne Bronski tells The Star-Ledger of Newark (http://bit.ly/1fjFJxU ) no one was injured.

Sibson Hall is owed by an outside company and is home to about 2,000 students.

___

Information from: The (Newark, N.J.) Star-Ledger, http://www.nj.com

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks