- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
DA: Committee did not violate open meetings law
Question of the Day
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - A prosecutor says Wichita’s Airport Naming Committee did not violate the Kansas Open Meetings Act when it held two meetings without prior notification to the public.
Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett said in a statement Tuesday that a survey of local media found that none had specifically asked to be notified of panel’s meetings. He contends that absent a request for notification, a failure to give notice does not trigger a violation of the act.
The city of Wichita notified Bennett’s office in March that its Airport Naming Committee held meetings in December and January without prior public notification.
The city routinely notifies local media of public meetings. Bennett says that is commendable, but a lapse in its execution does not equate to an open meetings violation.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors