- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
United cuts more nonstop flights out of Cleveland
Question of the Day
CLEVELAND (AP) - United Airlines is cutting more nonstop flights from Cleveland’s main airport after deciding to drop its money-losing hub there.
The Plain Dealer (http://bit.ly/1ojxuYW ) reports United is cutting direct flights from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport to Baltimore and Albany, N.Y., in addition to several dozen nonstop flight destinations being eliminated starting this month. United travelers heading to Baltimore and Albany later this year will connect through other airports, making for longer trips and higher prices.
The newspaper says a United spokesman blamed the new cuts on regional carrier pilot shortages.
United announced two months ago that it would slash daily flights out of Cleveland and close its hub. That’s expected to cost about 470 jobs.
The loss was feared at the city-owned airport since United merged with Continental several years ago.
Information from: The Plain Dealer, http://www.cleveland.com
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq