- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Worker killed in fall from Va. water tower
Question of the Day
RUSTBURG, Va. (AP) - A worker painting a water tower in Campbell County fell to his death.
The painter fell Wednesday while working about 60 feet inside the water tower. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Campbell County Director of Public Safety Tracy Fairchild told the News & Advance (http://bit.ly/1sC4QBZ) the worker was wearing safety equipment. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating whether an equipment failure contributed to the fall or if other factors were at play.
Fairchild said the painter was a contractor from North Carolina. His identity was not immediately released.
The water tower is operated by the county.
Information from: The News & Advance, http://www.newsadvance.com/
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq