- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Flint moves ahead with ending use of Detroit water
Question of the Day
Flint spokesman Jason Lorenz tells The Flint Journal (http://bit.ly/1lNYOKd ) that the city is targeting April 17 as the day to shut off water from Lake Huron that’s treated and pumped by the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department. Water will be drawn from the Flint River instead.
Brad Wurfel, a spokesman for the state Department of Environmental Quality, says Flint has a series of permits and they’re “racing to get all this work done.”
The use of Flint River water is a temporary measure until the Karegnondi Water Authority completes its pipeline in 2016 from Lake Huron.
Officials don’t anticipate that Flint will see any interrupted water service.
Information from: The Flint Journal, http://www.mlive.com/flint
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world