- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Russia headed to World Cup with high hopes
Question of the Day
Capello is Russia’s third foreign coach after Dutchmen Guus Hiddink and Dick Advocaat. Hiddink led Russia to the semifinals of the European Championship in 2008, but then failed to qualify for the last World Cup. Advocaat then took over and led the team to Euro 2012, but the Russians went out in the first round.
“I cannot estimate South Korea or Algeria right now,” Zenit St. Petersburg striker Alexander Kerzhakov said. “I know nothing about Algeria but nobody is going to underrate those teams. We are going to take them seriously.”
“It was 12 years ago and their (Belgium’s) team has changed completely,” Kerzhakov said. “They dominated their group in qualifying and crushed Croatia on the road. They are a very dangerous opponent.”
Russia has never won an international tournament as an independent state. The Soviet Union team featuring goalkeeping great Lev Yashin won the first European Championship in 1960, and reached the quarterfinals of the World Cup in England six years later.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world