- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
Vermont representative touts tourism program
Question of the Day
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - U.S. Rep. Peter Welch is pushing for the government to reauthorize a global tourism initiative that he says can attract more visitors to Vermont.
Welch and Republican Rep. Gus Bilirakis of Florida introduced an act that would extend the Brand USA program for five years. Brand USA is a voluntary public-private partnership.
Ski Vermont President Parker Riehle called Brand USA a “crucial partner” in bringing international visitors to ski areas.
Welch called continuing the program “a no-brainer.”
Officials say that its estimated Brand USA attracted 1.1 million additional visitors to the U.S. in 2013, who spent $3.4 billion.
Brand USA has been criticized by some lawmakers in the past due to concerns about federal matching funds.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world