- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
Democrat presents GOP budget plan to Rhode Island
Question of the Day
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - U.S. Rep. David Cicilline is preparing to meet Rhode Island residents and business owners to discuss how a Republican budget plan endorsed by Congress would affect the state economy and families.
Republican U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan authored the mostly symbolic measure that passed Thursday. It promises a balanced federal ledger in 10 years through sweeping cuts in social spending, including major changes to the health care law.
Cicilline plans to tour a Rhode Island manufacturing business in Smithfield on Monday to discuss how the plan would hit the state economy and manufacturers.
The Democrat will be in Providence on Tuesday and talk about the middle-class tax increase in the GOP budget, and meet with older residents the next day and discuss the plan’s effects on Medicare and affordable health care.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq