- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
Emory-UGA partnership gets money for flu research
Question of the Day
ATLANTA (AP) - A partnership between Emory University and the University of Georgia has received a $3.6 million federal contract for flu research.
The money from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases goes to the Emory-UGA Center of Excellence for Influenza Research and Surveillance.
The center will focus on surveillance of swine influenza and investigation of swine immune responses to virus infection.
In addition to the current contract, a potential total of $26.7 million could be available to the center over seven years.
The center was originally launched and funded when the federal agency created a network of six national centers. The others are located at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York; Johns Hopkins University; St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital; and the University of Rochester Medical Center.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world