- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Leverkusen beats Hertha 2-1 in Bundesliga
Question of the Day
In the late match, Hoffenheim beat Augsburg 2-0 to come within two points of its opponent in eighth place.
Stefan Kiessling notched his 15th goal of the season with a header 40 seconds after kickoff to give Leverkusen a flying start under interim coach Sascha Lewandowski. Lewandowski was co-trainer until he quit a year ago, leaving Sami Hyypia in sole charge of the team. Hyypia was fired eight days ago.
Leverkusen doubled the lead after Anis Ben-Hatira had hit the post for Berlin. Son Heung-min collected the rebound, launched a quick counterattack and found Julian Brandt, who chipped over goalkeeper Thomas Kraft.
Sandro Wagner pulled one back for Hertha with a header in the 38th.
Hoffenheim controlled its match against Augsburg and went ahead in the 19th when Sejad Salihovic curled a left-foot free kick over the wall into the lower left corner. Augsburg goalkeeper Marwin Hitzdived to his left but failed to turn the ball around the post.
Salihovic now has 11 goals this season, 10 of them from free kicks.
Hoffenheim secured its 200th Bundesliga victory in the 41st. Hitz failed to punch a corner far enough and Tarik Elyounoussi fired at the goal. Paul Verhaegh cleared on the line but Jannik Vestergaard headed the ball back into the net.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq