- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Massachusetts extends state tax filing deadline
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - Tax procrastinators will have a few more days to file their state returns in Massachusetts.
The Massachusetts Department of Revenue said Tuesday that because of delays with their electronic filing system they have extended the deadline for taxpayers to file their Massachusetts Personal Income Tax returns - or to file for an extension - until midnight on Friday.
Federal income tax returns must still be filed by the end of the day Tuesday.
Massachusetts revenue officials blamed the delays on heavy volume over the past few days on their WebFile tool - which allows individuals to electronically file state tax returns.
Revenue officials say they’re working to fix the problem.
The state reported that as of Friday it had processed just under 2.5 million returns, of which nearly 2.2 million had been e-filed.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world