- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
Question of the Day
Despite the rocky rollout of HealthCare.gov and her decision to leave President Obama's cabinet next month, Democrats are urging Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to run for a Senate seat in Kansas against her old friend, Republican Sen. Pat Roberts, The New York Times said.
Mrs. Sebelius is coming up in conversation as a serious challenger to Mr. Roberts, 77, who is considered vulnerable and faces a primary challenge from Milton Wolf, a tea-party backed conservative, The Times reported.
But it is unclear whether the HHS secretary will give their entreaties serious consideration, or if her potential candidacy could get off the ground.
She is politically wounded from the botched Web rollout of Mr. Obama's signature law and just last week announced that she will resign from her post. Plus, Democrats have not faired well in Kansas of late.
Mrs. Sebelius has until a June 2 filing deadline to decide whether she wants to run, The Times reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- New Democratic caucus will pressure GOP governors to expand Medicaid
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
- Insurers cough up refunds to subscribers under Obamacare ‘80-20 rule’
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq