- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one’s health?
Ana Trujillo Hillary
Question of the Day
Run an Internet search for “Ana Trujillo guilty” and you will read the gruesome details of how Ms. Trujillo perforated her boyfriend to death with stiletto heels. Search online for “Hillary attacked” and you’ll get millions of websites describing how the former first lady narrowly cheated death when another apparently deranged woman wearing stiletto shoes threw one of the shoes at her.
According to osteopathic.org, the health dangers of high heels (especially stilettos) include hip, back and leg deformations, slips, falls, shortened tendons, strained ligaments, entanglement with automobile brake and accelerator pedals, and fatigue while standing in line waiting for double lattes.
There are even YouTube videos without warning messages featuring women in heels performing death-defying synchronized tap-dance maneuvers that young girls could easily mimic. When will this reckless behavior stop? Isn’t it time for sensible regulation to abolish hazardous footwear?
Santa Barbara, Calif.
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for some policy 'pars' from golfer-in-chief
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Texas law is making women safer
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Redskins partnership is a win-win
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No taxpayer funds for illegals
- EDITORIAL: The two faces of Mark Warner
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case