- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn’t condone Boston bombing
Question of the Day
April 15 usually reminds me as an accountant of taxes, but this year I remembered the horrific events of the Boston Marathon tragedy, where Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, claiming to be Muslims, mercilessly harmed more than 260 people.
As a Muslim, I cannot understand how any Muslim could be so vicious. In his lifetime, the Prophet Muhammad showed only compassion and mercy for his fellow man. For example, when Muhammad conquered Mecca after 13 years of brutal persecution, he did so without shedding a drop of blood, and he forgave all his enemies. He did not to seek revenge for the atrocities that they had committed.
As members of the Ahmadiyya Muslim community, we are trying to emulate Muhammad’s example by holding a blood drive at Boston City Hall to remember those affected by the tragic Marathon bombing. We will be those Muslims who give our blood for our fellow man, not those who take it.
NAMEER BHATTI Blue Bell, Pa.
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for some policy 'pars' from golfer-in-chief
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Texas law is making women safer
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Redskins partnership is a win-win
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No taxpayer funds for illegals
- EDITORIAL: The two faces of Mark Warner
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for