- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
Question of the Day
The political abattoir in which Democratic butchers of Obamacare slice, dice, gut and carve this “settled law” into morsels more palatable to Democrats in November elections has so bloodied the terrain that Obamacare champions must deny the obvious and hope that there are no sentient voters come Election Day.
As Obamacare shrinks into a mouth-breathing microcosm of the Democratic dream, let us not forget that many of these embarrassing changes could have been achieved in a show of bipartisan comity just a few months ago, had preening champions of the law been willing to accept Republican suggestions.
What has Democratic manipulation of this flawed legislation wrought? A president doing unfunny comedy in an attempt to inveigle the uninformed to sign up and federal courts trying to clean up the mess.
So it goes inside President Obama’s Beltway, where his doo-wop chorus sees no horror stories other than Democratic electoral woes.
About the Author
- 'Standing by Israel' special report
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ventura's court win is really a loss
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ukraine is not so easily understood
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reagan didn't deregulate airlines
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Don't fund irrelevant 'highway' projects
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan