- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Pelosi to speak at Bard commencement, Bachmann at Oral Roberts
Question of the Day
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi will deliver the commencement address May 24 at Bard College, a liberal arts school nestled in the Hudson Valley about 100 miles north of New York City.
The college will give Mrs. Pelosi, California Democrat, an honorary doctorate of laws and, in its announcement Wednesday, cited her work in passing President Obama’s health reforms and “a distinguished record of legislative accomplishment.”
Mrs. Pelosi’s GOP critics will balk at the description, although their own party’s lawmakers have been represented at conservative institutions of late.
Rep. Michele Bachman, Minnesota Republican and fierce Obamacare critic, was scheduled to speak Wednesday at Liberty University’s Convocation, a large weekly gathering at the Christian college in Lynchburg, Va.
She also is set to deliver the commencement address at Oral Roberts University on May 3 in Tulsa.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medicare trust fund to last 4 years longer: Obama administration
- ACLU: Unprecedented U.S. spying has chilling effect on reporters and sources, weakens accountability
- Rep. Mike Rogers: Lock Israel-Palestine negotiators in a room
- Conservative group warns Va. Gov. Terry McAuliffe not to go it alone on Medicaid expansion
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq