- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Vanderbilt adds Roberson to signing class
Question of the Day
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Vanderbilt has added 6-foot-7 forward Jeff Roberson to its recruiting class.
Roberson’s signing was announced Wednesday in a university release. Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings said in a university statement that “his versatility is a big asset because he does so many things well on the basketball court.”
Roberson averaged 20.1 points, 9.2 rebounds, 2 assists and 1.5 steals his senior year at The Kinkaid School in Houston. He was a finalist for the Guy V. Lewis Award, given annually to the top high school player in Houston. Roberson said in a university statement he liked Vanderbilt’s “family feel.”
Roberson joins a recruiting class that already included guards Wade Baldwin of Metchen, N.J.; Matthew Fisher-Davis of Charlotte, N.C.; and Riley LaChance of Brookfield, Wis. Baldwin, Fisher-Davis and LaChance signed in November.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world