- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
Abortion doctors’ admitting rights reinstated
Question of the Day
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A judge has temporarily reinstated admitting privileges to two abortion providers at a Dallas hospital that had stripped the doctors of those rights.
Dr. Lamar Robinson and Dr. Jasbir Ahluwalia had sued University General Hospital on Thursday, accusing the hospital of illegally stripping them of admitting privileges after a court upheld strict new Texas abortion restrictions.
The two doctors performed abortions on their own time away from the hospital. Nevertheless, their lawsuit says they lost their privileges four days after a March 27 federal appeals court ruling upheld the constitutionality of the strict new state rules.
State District Judge Sheryl McFarlin reinstated the privileges Thursday until an April 30 hearing on a temporary injunction.
Hospital spokeswoman Erica Cleveland didn’t return messages from The Associated Press.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world