- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
Aquaculture association buys Port Graham hatchery
Question of the Day
KENAI, Alaska (AP) - A lower Cook Inlet fish hatchery idle since 2007 has been sold.
The Peninsula Clarion (http://bit.ly/Rqmn26) reports the Cook Inlet Aquaculture Association on Monday completed purchase of the Port Graham Hatchery.
The Port Graham Hatchery Corp. closed the hatchery because of low returns of pink salmon and poor prices.
Pink salmon reared by the aquaculture association are expected to return to Port Graham Bay this year and could be harvested for brood stock eggs.
Aquaculture association director Gary Fandrei says the goal is to put 84 million eggs in the hatchery.
He says the group does not expect to fully recover the roughly $1 million a year it will cost to operate the hatchery but hopes to be able to do so by 2016.
Information from: (Kenai, Alaska) Peninsula Clarion, http://www.peninsulaclarion.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world