- Associated Press - Thursday, April 17, 2014

DETROIT (AP) - A new version of the Detroit Electronic Music Festival is being shelved this year amid plans to bring back the event in 2015.

The Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News report the event at Campus Martius and Ford Field had been planned for the Fourth of July weekend, but producer Carol Marvin says it’s been delayed. She cited construction of a downtown light rail line as a factor.

The music festival was to include a free DEMF-branded event at Campus Martius and a $300-a-ticket music-technology event at Ford Field. Organizers say that tickets already purchased will be valid for 2015, or refunds can be obtained via the Ford Field box office.

M-1 Rail Chief Operating Officer Paul Childs says Thursday that its members meet regularly with event planning committees.

Copyright © 2017 The Washington Times, LLC.

blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide