- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Michigan State grads to hear India IT entrepreneur
Question of the Day
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Michigan State University says that Indian information technology pioneer Azim Premji will speak at the school’s undergraduate commencement May 2.
Premji is chairman of Bangalore, India-based Wipro Ltd. He began leading the company in the late 1960s, taking it from a $2 million hydrogenated cooking fat company into an IT and research and development organization with $8 billion in annual revenues.
The East Lansing school says Premji will address undergraduates at 1 p.m. at the Breslin Center and receive an honorary doctorate of humane letters
Michigan State says that ex-Lockheed-Martin Corp. chief executive Norman Augustine will address the graduation ceremony for advanced degree students later that day. He’s speaking at 3:30 p.m. at Breslin and will get an honorary doctorate of science.
Commencement details: http://bit.ly/P5MgSy
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq