- Associated Press - Thursday, April 17, 2014

DETROIT (AP) - Officials say demolition work of the nonprofit Detroit Blight Authority is being consolidated under city-run efforts to tear down dangerous buildings.

Columnist Nolan Finley with The Detroit News reports (http://bit.ly/1j66u6S ) Thursday that Alexis Wiley, a spokeswoman for Mayor Mike Duggan, says the administration is still “open to working with other people.” She says, however, that “now there is one plan.”

The Blight Authority was announced last year and was headed by Bill Pulte, grandson of homebuilder PulteGroup Inc.’s founder. Pulte said earlier this month he was ending demolition work in the city and turning over effort in Detroit’s Brightmoor neighborhood to the city.

The Blight Authority in January announced the Brightmoor work.


The city Detroit has struggled for years with vacant homes and buildings, and thousands have been razed.

___

Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/