- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Lawmaker who mistakenly took tax break makes it up
Question of the Day
DETROIT (AP) - A Michigan lawmaker who says she and her husband mistakenly took a property tax break on a rental property they own in suburban Detroit has paid $4,550 to Wayne County and a nonprofit to make up for the error.
The Detroit Free Press reports (http://on.freep.com/1eGVEZ6 ) Democratic state Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Detroit paid more than $1,800 to Wayne County and the rest to United Community Housing Coalition, which provides housing assistance.
The newspaper earlier reported that Tlaib and her husband claimed a 100 percent personal residence exemption since 2008 for both the Detroit home they live in and a Dearborn rental property. Only the Detroit home was eligible for the homestead exemption, which reduces school taxes.
Tlaib, who is running for state Senate, says it’s an “easy mistake to make.”
Information from: Detroit Free Press, http://www.freep.com
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors